Early morning stroll at The Petaluma Marsh
Shollenberger Park, Petaluma
Friday, July 26th 7:30am-11:30am
Please scroll down to register
LandPaths and Ag + Open Space invite you to start your day with an early morning stroll through Petaluma Marsh and Shollenberger Park. Grab your binoculars and awaken your body to the senses of nature. We will take our time to observe the many bird species that congregate in this biodiversity hotspot. This outing is geared towards all folks on foot and on wheels (balance bikes, strollers, walkers and wheelchairs) who are interested in strolling at a leisurely pace with many stops along the way to enjoy the wildlife as we roll/walk around the wetlands.
Location: 1400 Cader Ln, Petaluma, CA 94954
What to bring:
- Water bottle, and snacks
- Your own binoculars, if possible (pairs will be available to borrow)
- Warm clothing in layers
What to expect:
- This outing is geared specifically towards slow rollers of all types
- Family members, caregivers and children are welcome.
- There is an ADA accessible restroom in the parking lot where we will begin & end
- You will be asked so sign a liablity waiver upon arrival
- Weather: We will continue in a light rain, but will cancel in case of heavy rain. If in doubt, please call (707) 544-7284 (then press 1) after 6 am on the day of the outing. If there is no special message, the event is on!
Contact: For any questions or concerns, or if you would like to register over the phone, please contact our offices by calling 707-544-7284
Ag + Open Space protects land in Sonoma County and LandPaths connects you with that land. This program is made possible through a partnership between the District and non-profit partner LandPaths. It is sponsored by the voters of Sonoma County who funded the District's work with a quarter-cent sales tax, and is coordinated & guided by LandPaths.