**PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED. If you have any questions, please call our office at 707-544-7284.
For the Love of the Land: Open Mic Session at Rancho Mark West
Rancho Mark West, Santa Rosa
Friday, March 27th, 5:30pm to 9:00 pm
please scroll down to register
LandPaths and Ag + Open Space invite you to express yourself and your love for the land with an open mic session at Rancho Mark West. Surrounded by 120 acres of Redwoods, flowing creeks, and open space, we will take some time to give thanks to the life around us. We’ll start our night with a hike through the redwoods, followed by an Open Mic Session where you will have the opportunity to express your love of the land through poetry, spoken word, art, and music.
What if it's raining? We'll go in a light to medium rain but a heavy rain may affect our plans - if in doubt, call our Outings Line at 544-7284 (then press 1) after 8am. If no special message, it's a go!
Where? Rancho Mark West: 7125 St. Helena Rd, Santa Rosa Ca 95404. Look for staff or volunteers to direct you to parking.
What to bring:
- A potluck dish to share
- Your own dishes, plates, etc.
- Comfortable clothing in layers for the night
- Warm clothing and comfortable shoes
- The night will consist of: A potuck dinner, a writing workshop, a guided hike, and an Open Mic session.
- There is a sink on site to clean dishes afterwards.
- Participation in the open mic session is not necessary to join. All are welcome.
- No smoking, no pets, and of course, no smoking pets!
- This event is free thanks to the Ag+Open Space, and donations are welcome.
- There are compostable bathrooms and running water on the property
House Rules for Open mic session
- Please keep in mind this is an all age event
- Each person will get 5-7 mins to share there piece of music, writing, dance, etc.
- Original, or cover pieces welcome!
- The theme of the night: For the love of the land, celebrating nature and our community.
Contact: For more questions, please contact our offices by calling 707-544-7284
Ag + Open Space protects land in Sonoma County and LandPaths connects you with that land. This program is made possible through a partnership between the District and non-profit partner LandPaths. It is sponsored by the voters of Sonoma County who funded the District's work with a quarter-cent sales tax, and is coordinated & guided by LandPaths.