Star-gazing at Cooley Ranch
Cooley Ranch, Geyserville
Friday, November 22nd, 6:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Please scroll down to register
Join LandPaths and Ag + Open Space for an evening of stargazing at the beautiful Cooley Ranch. Straddling Sonoma & Mendocino counties, the over 19,000 acres of Cooley Ranch is the perfect place to get an unobstructed view of the night sky. We'll spread out our blankets & camp chairs, share a potluck dinner, & enjoy stories & information from experienced astronomers Jim and Linda, from Wine Country Star Party.
Where: We will meet at 6:00 pm & caravan into the property (about 30 min – make sure you have enough gas). As it gets dark we’ll gather for the evening under the stars with chairs & blankets to enjoy the night sky. We will all depart the property together as a group. Please RSVP for our carpool location.
What to bring:
- warm clothing in layers
- a blanket, picnic chair, or something to sit on
- A potluck dinner, and something to share
- Your own utensils, cups, plates, etc.
- LandPaths will provide soap/water to clean dishes
What to expect:
- This event will be led by LandPaths staff and astronomers Jim and Linda from Wine and Country Star Party
- We will leave together as a group
- There are no bathrooms or potable water on site
- We ask that you leave your pets at home for this event
Contact: For questions, please call our offices at 707-544-7284 or by emailing email@example.com
Ag + Open Space protects land in Sonoma County and LandPaths connects you with that land. This program is made possible through a partnership between the District and non-profit partner LandPaths. It is sponsored by the voters of Sonoma County who funded the District's work with a quarter-cent sales tax, and is coordinated & guided by LandPaths.