Cancelled: Attuning your senses to Nature at Bohemia Ecological Preserve
Bohemia Ecological Preserve
Saturday, November 16th, 10am-2pm
Please scroll down to register
This outing is a chance to slow down, to open your senses deeply, to be receptive to what lies all around you and learn to hear, see, smell, touch, and (yes!) taste in a new way. We will visit different habitats of the preserve (the Margaret Creek woodland, the Duvoul Creek and nearby meadow) and use a variety of activities to open to new sensory impressions. We will spend time recording our experiences through writing and drawing and will share our findings with others in small groups as well as with the whole group.
Henry Miller Wrote: "The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself."
Where: Bohemia Ecological Preserve, 6773 Bohemian Hwy, Occidental, CA 95465
What to bring:
- A water bottle and some snacks for the day
- sturdy boots or shoes
- weather appropriate clothing in layers (you may need a light jacket, windbreaker, or water resistant jacket).
- A small unlined notebook to record your experiences
- Things of your choice to write and draw with: pen, pencil, colored pencils, colored pen
- Binoculars or your favorite field guides (if you'd like)
- Hiking poles (If you'd like)
Details and what to expect:
- This hike will be led by Bohemia Volunteer Docents
- There is a porta-potty on the property (2/3 mile into our hike). There is no potable water available on the property.
- We will stay together as a group & leave together. Early departures cannot be accommodated except in case of medical emergency.
- Hike distance? Our hike will be a little under 3 miles, with changing elevation. Some sections may be over steep terrain that could be difficult for some.
- What if it's raining? Any steady rainfall beyond sprinkles will call for cancellation. If in doubt please call (707) 544-7284 (then press 1) after 8:00 AM on the day of the outing. If there is no special message the event is on!
Contact: For any other questions or concerns, or if you would like to register over the phone, please contact Jesica Rodriguez by calling 707-544-7284 #107, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org