Such strange times we find ourselves in. Lots to ponder about our global community and how we maintain Self Care while also taking care of our local community.
With the increasing social distancing and cultural practices that are being implemented due to COVID, with heavy heart we feel that it is best to cancel the Trek.
We will be meeting soon to plan our 2021 Treks.
Babes in arms - Free
Families of all ages are invited to join LandPaths on a 2-day Trek beginning and ending at Shell Beach, near Jenner. From the coast we will walk five miles inland to a secluded privately owned ranch on the edge of Willow Creek State Park for an overnight of camping, storytelling, good food and a starry night around a fire. Families will be able to wander, play, and relax along the beautiful salmon-bearing Willow Creek. After a leisurely Sunday morning families will hike back to the coast over our beautiful coastal hills and through spring flowers.
LandPaths will provide dinner and a simple breakfast, as well as transporting all of the gear to the camping spot so that families can walk with only a small day pack. We ask families to provide their own lunches and camping gear. But if you do not have camping gear, don't let that be a deterrent, we have some to rent!
With access to both public and private lands, the group will walk, eat locally, ‘comfy camp’ and traverse roughly 10 miles over two days. All camping gear will be shuttled between the trailhead on the coast and our overnight camping site, leaving participants to simply carry a knapsack with water and other day-hike essentials.
LandPaths heartily encourages those for whom cost is a barrier to apply for the limited number of work-trade scholarships available. As a community institution LandPaths is committed to helping people experience the breadth of our programming even if cost is a barrier!
Saturday, May 23rd, 9am near Shell Beach in Jenner, California (precise meeting location will be sent to participants)
Location & Directions:
Further details available once registered.
- This is a trek geared towards families with children. Children should either be comfortable in a backpack, or willing to walk 5 miles.
- Specifically, small children who are willing to be carried in a carrier for five, fairly rugged miles (and their caregivers who are willing to carry them!) and children of all ages who can hike themselves. We don’t recommend this trek for kids under six (who are planning to hike themselves.)
- We ask that all adults come with a child and no child comes without an adult.
- Please see Details on the Route (below) to see whether or not this trek is a good fit for you and your children.
Details on the Route:
We will begin on Saturday at Sonoma Coast State Park near Shell Beach, trekking east to Willow Creek Ranch along the Pomo Canyon trail, dropping down into Pomo Canyon Campground and continuing on to Willow Creek Ranch.
- The hike on Saturday will be around five miles and will include around 1,000 feet of elevation gain.
- Sunday we will retrace our steps and hike the five miles back to the coast.
What to Bring:
- Participants are responsible for bringing their own lunches, sleeping bag, pad and tent, eating utensils and flatware (though LandPaths will shuttle gear for you)
- Daypack & water bottle for carrying with you on the hike
- A complete gear list will be made available two weeks prior to the trip to all registered participants
- Rentals: there are a limited number of tents and sleeping pads from LandPaths
LandPaths Will Provide:
- All group camping gear (kitchen, cooking gear, Loo, dining tent)
- Dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday
- LandPaths will provide simple, healthy foods with some gluten free options. If you have dietary restrictions, please be sure to pack what you need in order to stay nourished.
- Gear shuttle service from Shell Beach to Campsite (All you need is a daypack!)
- Participants will need to sign a liability waiver.
- Due in part to crossing private land with stock animals and state park property, pets are not allowed on this Trek.
- There will be an emergency vehicle at the camping spot that can transport participants in the case of an emergency
- $175 for each adult and child aged 13+*
- $50 for youth (12 and under)
- Babes in arms are free.
*Youth under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
**We ask that two adults be present if accompanied by three or more youth 12 or under.
Cost includes home cooked organic dinner, fresh organic salad harvested on site, and hearty warm breakfast. Lunches are not included. Rental of tents and sleeping pads available.
You can pay online or if needed, call LandPaths front desk at 707-544-7284 ext. 100 and staff will take your payment over the phone.
Worktrade & Scholarships:
Scholarship and Worktrade opportunities may be available. Please click here to access a Worktrade/Scholarship application.
LandPaths Cancellation Policy For TrekSonoma
Please read the cancellation policy below before you make your reservation. If you have any questions or comments regarding this policy or required fitness levels, please contact the LandPaths’ office. We regret that we cannot make any exceptions to this policy.
How To Cancel:
In the event that you need to cancel from a Trek, please notify the LandPaths’ office directly. You can contact us at 707-544-7284 x100 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
30 days and above, prior to the first day of Trek: full refund minus a $25 processing fee
29 – 0 days prior to the first day of the Trek: No Refund
Cancelled Or Changed Trips By LandPaths:
In the event that LandPaths needs to cancel or change a Trek, registered individuals will be notified as soon as possible. LandPaths will reimburse all fees paid by registrants to LandPaths. LandPaths is not responsible for other fees or payments that have been incurred outside of LandPaths.